From where I sit, it’s easy to say that I believe the healthiest person can still benefit from having someone to chat with. However, I do believe it- at my core. Often we think we just have to handle it. If can manage our to-do lists and just get things done, then we will be able to stop beating ourselves up, be less irritable, be more in tune with our needs and the needs of those around us. If we can just “get over it” then we can have more time for the relationships that matter to us, even the one with ourselves.
If you’ve been feeling like an internet browser with 100 tabs open at once or feeling like you’re going through your day but have a million things buffering in the background… let’s chat. Individual therapy could help you improve your everyday life. Often people think, well my issues aren’t big enough, or I “should” be able to manage it on my own. I’m here to tell you, you don’t have to. Whether you’re managing something that makes it hard to get through your day or just need an ear that you know is listening and cares… I’m here. Some people find the best way to think about individual therapy is to consider it a live journal that has the added benefit of chatting back.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same concern or you find yourself going down the road of what if and taking it to the worst case scenario
- You can’t get your romantic relationship to look the way you imagined or the way it used to be
- You feel like you’re not good at anything, often because of high self-expectations
- You feel like you just keep checking things off a never ending to do list
- You feel guilty when you spend time or money on yourself
- You’re stuck in a pattern of choosing the “wrong” partner
- You are always the one people come to with their concerns but have no time for yourself
- You are afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities, or you will judge yourself
- You want to understand yourself or your partner better
- You want to communicate more effectively
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with your silent struggle or wouldn’t even know where to start
- Your stress is impacting other areas of your life
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
Individual therapy is so helpful for so many people because it’s the best way to get truly customized therapy. If you’re looking for help improving your everyday life, you could be a great fit for individual therapy services. I specialize in premarital counseling, relationship issues, life transitions, and stress/anxiety. I have worked with a wide range of clients and my skills include tailored treatment approaches to work with those who may be experiencing depression, self-esteem concerns, life threatening illness, stress, parenting concerns, trauma and abuse, loss, and infertility and pregnancy. I have coached many individuals and couples through their processes of growth and have helped them to create a better future life space for themselves.
If some of the biggest goals you have are to feel like you have an outlet for your mental load… to feel like you have things on a healthy path and try to find some clarity and coping for your path forward. This would be a good outlet to chat through things as they arise and get some perspective from me.
Please reach out to me today for a consultation for individual therapy or to schedule your first appointment.